Granola gets a bit of a bad rep, cause it's so... well, you know... granola. Before we get preoccupied with it's earthy connotations, let us not forget, granola can be delicious, healthy and supremely satisfying.
At 7 am this morning I threw a few ingredients together and made my first batch of granola, ever. It was so delicious that my second batch came out of the oven sometime around 7pm this evening, and now I am sharing the recipe. And, yes, I ate granola for two meals today.
Things rarely works out this easily in the world of developing recipes, but since I nailed it the first time, and again the second, I am confident that you can, too. I encourage you to get creative with the ingredients you already have in your pantry. There are a million potential combinations. What are you waiting for? Dive in and create your own signature granola!
- 3/4 cups Quick Cooking Oats (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup Pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 3 Tbsps Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Tbsps Almond Meal
- 3 Tbsps Maple Syrup (adjust to your sweetness preference)
- 2 Tbsps Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and blend using your hands until thoroughly combined and small clumps start to form.
- Spread mixture thinly and evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, turning your mixture on the pan half way through. Pay close attention to the look and smell of your granola while it cooks as it can burn easily.
- Let cool & Enjoy!
I paired this granola with some rice, almond milk and it was delish. Hope you enjoy.