One of my favorite ways to enjoy coffee is in the morning next to a nutritious smoothie. It's a simple, healthy way to start the day that always leaves me feeling energized. This June Bloom smoothie has lots of protein, fruits and even some veggies.
You can use any kind of pear for this recipe, just make sure it is fully ripe and sweet. You can also substitute the orange for a tangelo or a tangerine. The recipe will make enough for two people, so adjust the measurements according to what you need.
- 1 ripe Pear
- 1 Orange
- 1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 leaves of lacinato kale
- 1 cup non-dairy Milk (I use vanilla soy milk)
- 2 medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Prepare all fruits and veggies - removing pits and peels.
- Put all ingredients into a blender, adding the ice on top.
- Blend together until smooth.