'Tis the season for pumpkin everything—let us not forget about pumpkin seeds! Pumpkin seed milk has a beautiful minty green color, is simple to make and tastes great on warm oatmeal or blended with cold brewed coffee.
Pumpkin Seed Milk
- 1 cup soaked Pumpkin Seeds (4 hours or overnight)
- 4 1/2 cups Filtered Water
- 1 1/2 Medjool Dates (or to taste)
- pinch of salt
- Soak pumpkin seeds in filtered water for at least 4 hours.
- Thoroughly rinse pumpkin seeds.
- Place rinsed seeds in a blender with 4 1/2 cups filtered water
- Blend starting on low and slowly increasing to full speed for about 5 minutes total.
- Strain your mixture through a cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
- Rinse out your blender, making sure there is no sediment left in there.
- Put your pumpkin seed milk back into the blender, adding dates and salt. Blend for roughly 2 minutes on high, making sure the dates are fully incorporated.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.