Somedays I just need pancakes. I wasn't intending to have pancakes for breakfast this morning, nor was I intending to post this recipe, but the craving came on and I just had to indulge—on all levels.
I am constantly attempting to perfect my pancake recipe. You can find my current favorite combo of ingredients below. It’s simple, unsweetened, healthful and makes a really nice and fluffy pancake.
Note: If I had an overripe banana on hand I would have scaled back the amount of milk and added a mashed banana for a little natural sweetness….
- ½ cup Brown Rice Flour
- ½ cup Corn Flour (fine grind)
- ½ cup Almond Meal
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- A Pinch of Salt
- 2 Flax “Eggs” (2 tbsp flax meal, mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup Alternative Milk
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Coconut oil for greasing the pan.
- Make "flax eggs" by mixing flax meal and water, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add flax ‘eggs’ and the rest of the wet ingredients to your dry mixture and combine thoroughly until everything is fully incorporated.
- If the batter is too thick, add more alternative milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Grease pan with coconut oil & cook cakes until lightly browned on each side.
- Top with your favorite fruit and maple syrup.